The below report consists of a market overview and insight into the equities, futures and derivatives markets, and FX speculative and deliverable markets.
* Markets quiet with US holiday
– Data light calendar.
– US dollar makes small gains in holiday-thinned market
* World industrial and political leaders gathering in Davos
– IMF lower global growth forecast to 3.3% and 3.4% for 2020 and 2021 respectively
* UK markets expect BoE to cut rates
* BoJ release Monetary Policy Statement, Policy rate today followed by press conference. No change expected
* Big data week for NZ