The below report consists of a market overview and insight into the equities, futures and derivatives markets, and FX speculative and deliverable markets.
* GDT Auction slumps -5.1% bringing an abrupt halt to the year long surge in prices
– WMP -6.7% whilst SMP -6.3%, had little impact on Kiwi which had already fallen
* NZD and AUD underperform overnight with no rhyme or reason despite upbeat local data
– Local Business Confidence hit a 2-year high whilst Consumer Confidence rose above its long term average
– Failure to crack 0.6620 and a weaker AUD dragged…