The below report consists of a market overview and insight into the equities, futures and derivatives markets, and FX speculative and deliverable markets.
* Equities power on as currencies and yields are bystanders
– Fresh record highs as continued hopes for a trade deal buoy traders
– China Global Times reporting very close to signing
* Reports China will raise penalties on violations of intellectual property rights
– Enough to appease Trump for a Phase-1 deal?
* Kiwi appears glued around 64 cents at the moment but positive Retail Sales might give a boost