The below report consists of a market overview and insight into the equities, futures and derivatives markets, and FX speculative and deliverable markets.
* Quiet session overnight with little news, but as always another report re US / China
– Suggests China pessimistic about a deal but the markets ultimately shrugged off
– Or a classic chess move as they await Trump’s impeachment hearing outcome
* Kiwi tight range overnight, expect 0.6380/20 today
– The jump in NZ PMI and PSI definitely gives a boost to GDP, possibly a tepid 2% GDP