The below report consists of a market overview and insight into the equities, futures and derivatives markets, and FX speculative and deliverable markets.
* Risk boosted by US / China trade talk resumption next month
* Non-Farm Payrolls weaker than expected at 130k versus 160k exp
– 8 month average 158k in 2019 versus 223k in 2018
– Weaker numbers saw 10-year US Treasuries -4bps/1.56%
* This time last week, Kiwi was on its knees after six weeks of falls
– As suggested, was overdone and a decent seller was bailing