The below report consists of a market overview and insight into the equities, futures and derivatives markets, and FX speculative and deliverable markets.
* US / China agreed in a phone call to hold a meeting in early October
– News sends equities and risk currencies briefly higher
– NZ dollar received a boost on news
* Mixed but reasonably positive data release could suggest a better Non-Farm Payrolls number out tonight
– Non-Manufacturing PMI rose to 56.4 for August, well above expectations
* Gold weakens as markets unwound safe haven positions.