The below report consists of a market overview and insight into the equities, futures and derivatives markets, and FX speculative and deliverable markets.
* Hong Kong leader Carrie Lam announces a formal withdrawal of extradition bill. Markets respond positively
* US dollar remains on back foot
* Pound lifts as UK parliament vote for an extension, lowering chance of a “no-deal” Brexit
* Bank of Canada leaves rates unchanged at 1.75%. Dollar rallies
* Global equities rally and risk appetite boosted on risk reduction but US / China trade talks remain on traders’ minds
* Oil prices…