The below report consists of a market overview and insight into the equities, futures and derivatives markets, and FX speculative and deliverable markets.
* Worst week for equities (-15%) since GFC and hit 3 yr lows……
* US Treasuries fell 30bps to 0.88%, whilst oil tanked 13% to $22.60
*NZ 10yr rates -43bps/1.46%
* NZD and AUD both sliding at week’s end….no reason to buy
– we are not a safe haven currency in these times!
* Globally the world is shutting down, absolutely no reason NZ isn’t level 4!
– the streets are empty anyway so…